Robin Travis Scholar 2014 Announced
- Date: 06/06/2014
We are delighted to announce that Jan Kohzer has been selected as this year’s Robin Travis Scholar.
From 1st September 2014, Jan will spend three months based in Thomas Miller’s London office. The Robin Travis scholarship is a flexible programme tailored to provide a breadth of knowledge and understanding and build on the Scholar’s current commercial experience.
Jan currently works in the Claims Department of Oldendorff Carriers, a German shipowner based in Luebeck, where he manages insurance claims, whilst furthering his study of marine insurance and operations.
His role at Oldendorff Carriers together with his participation in the 2012 Insight Course provided by Thomas Miller has led to Jan seizing the opportunity to gain a more indepth understanding of P&I insurance matters. He told us:
“I anticipate that my participation in this program would provide me with a better understanding of how the Club manages its business overall, including its relations with its Members and the disposition of claims, which knowledge I expect to put to immediate use in my work every day. Likewise, I hope that the Scholarship would provide me with an opportunity to become more familiar with business activity in the Lloyd’s market, where Oldendorff Carriers places a variety of insurance, which would also help me broaden my knowledge of the industry in which I am working.”
“In the short run, the practical and theoretical training provided by this Scholarship ideally continues and broadens the track of my apprenticeship and experience thus far with Oldendorff Carriers. Over the long term, I hope this in depth training combined with my growing experience at work helps me improve the quality of my performance, so that I may ultimately achieve my long term goal of becoming a shipping business professional specialising in all things connected to marine insurance.”
We look forward to giving Jan a warm welcome at the beginning of September.
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e