PMI pairs with OPDU to promote good scheme governance
- Date: 08/03/2016
The Pensions Management Institute and the Occupational Pensions Defence Union have joined forces to promote good governance in UK pension schemes.
For all new OPDU members, the organisation will enrol the chair of trustees, free of charge, in the PMI’s trustee group for the first year of membership, thus promoting even better governance of that company’s pension scheme.
OPDU executive director Martin Kellaway said he welcomes the opportunity to join with the PMI on this initiative.
“It comes at an exciting time for OPDU and represents a key part of our strategy to provide strong customer focus, and ensure our members derive maximum benefit from joining. The PMI is the industry leading provider of professional qualifications and training so a perfect partnership to support our aim of improved governance,” he added.
Also commenting on the alliance, PMI chief executive Vince Linnane said the PMI is continually looking for ways to support trustees to provide good governance and working in partnership with OPDU is “key to ensuring we expand our membership and raise the standards of our trustee group”.
“We believe the knowledge sharing enabled by the educational material and information we provide, will help to raise the bar for what pension scheme members can expect from their trustees,” he added.
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e