PMI pairs with OPDU to promote good scheme governance
- Date: 08/03/2016
The Pensions Management Institute and the Occupational Pensions Defence Union have joined forces to promote good governance in UK pension schemes.
For all new OPDU members, the organisation will enrol the chair of trustees, free of charge, in the PMI’s trustee group for the first year of membership, thus promoting even better governance of that company’s pension scheme.
OPDU executive director Martin Kellaway said he welcomes the opportunity to join with the PMI on this initiative.
“It comes at an exciting time for OPDU and represents a key part of our strategy to provide strong customer focus, and ensure our members derive maximum benefit from joining. The PMI is the industry leading provider of professional qualifications and training so a perfect partnership to support our aim of improved governance,” he added.
Also commenting on the alliance, PMI chief executive Vince Linnane said the PMI is continually looking for ways to support trustees to provide good governance and working in partnership with OPDU is “key to ensuring we expand our membership and raise the standards of our trustee group”.
“We believe the knowledge sharing enabled by the educational material and information we provide, will help to raise the bar for what pension scheme members can expect from their trustees,” he added.
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL