New video helps explain BLP's Butterfly low carbon design & decision tool
- Date: 06/06/2012
In response to the government’s agenda for sustainable design – in particular the TSB call for design and decision tools for low carbon construction – BLP has created project ‘Butterfly’. BLP is collaborating with Willmott Dixon, UCL Energy Institute and University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development to create this IT aid to calculate life cycle cost and the environmental impact of the design and components for both new build and refurbished residential buildings.
Butterfly will help to simplify the approach to two of the key issues facing our industry, reducing carbon and energy use and the drive towards Building Information Modelling, both of which are key Government targets.
View the Butterfly video here
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG