New video helps explain BLP's Butterfly low carbon design & decision tool
- Date: 06/06/2012
In response to the government’s agenda for sustainable design – in particular the TSB call for design and decision tools for low carbon construction – BLP has created project ‘Butterfly’. BLP is collaborating with Willmott Dixon, UCL Energy Institute and University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development to create this IT aid to calculate life cycle cost and the environmental impact of the design and components for both new build and refurbished residential buildings.
Butterfly will help to simplify the approach to two of the key issues facing our industry, reducing carbon and energy use and the drive towards Building Information Modelling, both of which are key Government targets.
View the Butterfly video here
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL
- BLP’s Jeff Maxted has been invited by the Minister of State for Housing and Planning to join the joint working grou… https://t.co/aks9WeE74Z