New video helps explain BLP's Butterfly low carbon design & decision tool
- Date: 06/06/2012
In response to the government’s agenda for sustainable design – in particular the TSB call for design and decision tools for low carbon construction – BLP has created project ‘Butterfly’. BLP is collaborating with Willmott Dixon, UCL Energy Institute and University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development to create this IT aid to calculate life cycle cost and the environmental impact of the design and components for both new build and refurbished residential buildings.
Butterfly will help to simplify the approach to two of the key issues facing our industry, reducing carbon and energy use and the drive towards Building Information Modelling, both of which are key Government targets.
View the Butterfly video here
- Club 18-30s we want to find and develop the next great thinkers and put safety first. Enter our competition and b… https://t.co/Igp9STzexF
- Following a recent significant change to the Singapore Companies Act, it is no longer necessary to register a shipo… https://t.co/Tmh0nHrwK1
- Simply enter our Investing In A Safer Tomorrow competition and share your brainwaves. Theres a $50,000 prize po… https://t.co/NK844LhD03
- Did you read our latest press release about the owner who claimed against a manager for failure to update their bal… https://t.co/h6P3xH8uq9
- Looking forward to the Offsite Construction Show at ExCel next week and great chance to see the offsite industry un… https://t.co/zVvs7kKvPP