ITIC's 'Anger Management' crew took part in the The Big Row
- Date: 12/09/2013
Yesterday evening the 10 rowers who formed ITIC's 'Anger Management' crew took their places during the first heat of The Big Row in Spitalfields, London. The aim was to row 1,000,000 metres in total (approximately the circumference of Lake Malawi) to raise money to help with the renovation of M.V. Chauncy Maples.
The Chauncy Maples Malawi Trust is renovating Africa’s oldest ship into a mobile clinic on Lake Malawi. M.V. Chauncy Maples will bring much-needed healthcare to remote villages where malaria, TB and HIV/AIDS are common. Improving people’s health enables them to farm, fish and live more productively.
Senior Account Executive (and self appointed Director of Elite Performance) Robert Hodge started the race, with the first 1,000m being completed in an impressive time. The rest of the crew soon followed and all put in an incredible effort.
The crew included Robert Hodge (Senior Account Executive), Tom Irving (Account Executive), Charlotte Kirk (Director), Alistair Mactavish (Chief Operating Officer), Duncan Mann (Senior Account Executive), Matthew Offers (Senior Account Executive), Liz Rose (Secretary), Michael Shakesheff (Board Director), Robert Sniffen (Senior Account Executive) and Melanie Thomas (Account Executive).
Thank you so much to those of you who have already donated and helped us to exceed our original target.
However, it is not too late if you would still like to sponsor the team:
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL