Insight Course 2016, Hong Kong
- Date: 30/09/2016
The Thomas Miller Hong Kong office held an “Insight” course on P&I and Defence cover on 29th & 30th September 2016 as a direct response to requests for member training. Delegates included members and brokers from Hong Kong, the Philippines and Korea and also a guest from Zambia, Daniella Smal, who is this year’s Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year, an award sponsored by the TT Club.
Topics included an introduction to Thomas Miller, the history of P&I and Defence, key areas of cover, charterparties, bills of lading, letters of indemnity, personal injury, pollution, collision, salvage and general average, sanctions and a claims workshop.
Every one of the team of Hong Kong claims executives was involved in the delivery of the course, and each delegate received a Certificate of Attendance at the conclusion of the two days to recognise their participation. This was the first “Insight” course to be delivered in the Asia Pacific region, and content will be amended to take into account the positive feedback received from the delegates and then present similar courses in other Asian markets.
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG