Insight Course 2016, Hong Kong
- Date: 30/09/2016
The Thomas Miller Hong Kong office held an “Insight” course on P&I and Defence cover on 29th & 30th September 2016 as a direct response to requests for member training. Delegates included members and brokers from Hong Kong, the Philippines and Korea and also a guest from Zambia, Daniella Smal, who is this year’s Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year, an award sponsored by the TT Club.
Topics included an introduction to Thomas Miller, the history of P&I and Defence, key areas of cover, charterparties, bills of lading, letters of indemnity, personal injury, pollution, collision, salvage and general average, sanctions and a claims workshop.
Every one of the team of Hong Kong claims executives was involved in the delivery of the course, and each delegate received a Certificate of Attendance at the conclusion of the two days to recognise their participation. This was the first “Insight” course to be delivered in the Asia Pacific region, and content will be amended to take into account the positive feedback received from the delegates and then present similar courses in other Asian markets.
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL