Chiswick House Café sees off the competition
- Date: 19/05/2011
2011 RIBA LONDON BUILDING OF THE YEAR - sponsored by BLP - announced today.
At an awards ceremony held at the V&A this morning, RIBA President elect Angela Brady announced that the RIBA London Building of the Year 2011 supported by BLP and The English Heritage Award for Sustaining the Historic Environment is the Chiswick House Café designed by Caruso St John Architects for the Chiswick House and Gardens Trust.
Introducing the award, technical director of BLP, Jeff Maxted, said: “It is a great honour for us to be sponsoring the RIBA London Building of the Year award. As the entry list has shown, London continues to be blessed with some of the most exciting, well designed and innovative buildings, not only in the UK but in Europe and the World.”
Congratulating Caruso St John after they had received their award, Jeff added: “The Chiswick House Café is a stunning building and clearly shows how a beautiful modern building can enhance a landscape and sit alongside an older building when they all complement each other so well. Our congratulations go to Caruso St John for their 21 years of outstanding work around the world.”
For further press information, please contact Joanna Lennon at TC Communications on 01344 622 280 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL
- BLP’s Jeff Maxted has been invited by the Minister of State for Housing and Planning to join the joint working grou… https://t.co/aks9WeE74Z