Charity Golf day raises over $170,000 for Breast Cancer Research
- Date: 10/10/2017
Thank you to all our Sponsors who have kindly supported our event, you can see the full list here: http://tmacharitygolf.com/
Over $170,000 was raised for charity when Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. held its annual Charity Golf Day at Forsgate Country Club in New Jersey on 4th October.
U.K. P& I Club members, TT Club members and brokers, together with attorneys and industry experts, participated in the Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. Play for Pink Golf outing which supports the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
A total of 108 golfers of varying abilities competed for the winner’s trophy this year won by the distinguished team of UK Club Board member Harley Franco ,his wife Lela of Harley Marine, Seattle , TT Club Board member Anthony Fullbrook of OEC New York and Thomas Miller Chairman Hugo Wynn Williams . The winners were presented with their prizes by Al Bergeron, CEO of US Shipping.
Club members OEC, RCCL, OSG, Chembulk, Foremost Maritime, Harley Marine, Dunlap Towing, Phoenix Bulk all participated, along with a growing contingent of Brokers, Attorneys and industry experts from all over the US and from as far away as Venezuela and Panama. Dan Boever , a Golf Entertainer and former World Longest Drive champion wowed the crowd before the start with a series of huge drives and trick shots and then played a couple of holes with many of the guests.
Capt Stuart Edmonston, UK Club Head of Loss Prevention who hails from Aberdeen played some inspiring bagpipes both in the morning to signal the start of the outing and later at dinner.
The local New Jersey Devils and the New York Rangers Ice Hockey teams and the New York Jets Football team donated signed jerseys, hockey pucks, hockey sticks, signed footballs and game tickets for the raffle. UK Club Board member Harley Franco presented the Raffle prizes with an enthusiastic flourish which much entertained the evening post golf reception and dinner crowd numbering 165.
Mike Jarrett, President of Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. commented:
"Thomas Miller is very grateful to everyone who supported our event and helped us raise $170k, $50k more than in 2016. The funds raised will provide the means for 12 months of key research for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation."
- Club 18-30s we want to find and develop the next great thinkers and put safety first. Enter our competition and b… https://t.co/Igp9STzexF
- Following a recent significant change to the Singapore Companies Act, it is no longer necessary to register a shipo… https://t.co/Tmh0nHrwK1
- Simply enter our Investing In A Safer Tomorrow competition and share your brainwaves. Theres a $50,000 prize po… https://t.co/NK844LhD03
- Did you read our latest press release about the owner who claimed against a manager for failure to update their bal… https://t.co/h6P3xH8uq9
- Looking forward to the Offsite Construction Show at ExCel next week and great chance to see the offsite industry un… https://t.co/zVvs7kKvPP