Britannia and UKP&I Clubs in merger discussions
The boards of the Britannia Club and the UKP&I Club, two of the oldest P&I clubs in the world, respective leaders in their field and strong supporters of mutuality, announce they are in merger discussions. The boards of the Clubs will now begin a process to determine whether the merger is possible and delivers appropriate benefit to their respective Memberships. Ultimately, the decision on whether to proceed with a merger will be decided by the Members at Special General Meetings to be convened later in the year.
The talks are concurrent with discussions between their managers, Thomas Miller and Tindall Riley, both leading international providers of insurance and professional services, which would also lead to a merger of the respective businesses should the Clubs decide to merge.
- End -
For further information, please contact:
Roland Cross / Gareth David – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e