Britannia and UKP&I Clubs in merger discussions
The boards of the Britannia Club and the UKP&I Club, two of the oldest P&I clubs in the world, respective leaders in their field and strong supporters of mutuality, announce they are in merger discussions. The boards of the Clubs will now begin a process to determine whether the merger is possible and delivers appropriate benefit to their respective Memberships. Ultimately, the decision on whether to proceed with a merger will be decided by the Members at Special General Meetings to be convened later in the year.
The talks are concurrent with discussions between their managers, Thomas Miller and Tindall Riley, both leading international providers of insurance and professional services, which would also lead to a merger of the respective businesses should the Clubs decide to merge.
- End -
For further information, please contact:
Roland Cross / Gareth David – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL