Brexit: UK P&I Club to set up a subsidiary in the Netherlands
- Date: 24/11/2017
The UK P&I Club, a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community, has announced its intention to establish a new European subsidiary in the Netherlands.
Hugo Wynn-Williams, CEO of Thomas Miller P&I said: “Although the precise future trading relationship between the UK and the EU remains uncertain, we are putting arrangements in place that will allow the UK Club to continue to provide cover for our Members regardless where their ships are registered. The Club remains committed to doing business within Europe.
The Netherlands is, in our view the optimal jurisdiction for the Club’s European Union subsidiary due to its convenient location with excellent transport links, its proximity to major markets, stable business environment, use of English for business, and a regulatory system which provides the best fit for our operational model.
The new subsidiary will also be in a position to front for other Thomas Miller managed clubs affected by Brexit. As a result, this will enable costs to be shared, providing the most efficient solution to continuing operations in Europe.
The process of establishing a subsidiary is already underway, and expected to be completed during 2018.
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL