Brexit: UK P&I Club to set up a subsidiary in the Netherlands
- Date: 24/11/2017
The UK P&I Club, a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community, has announced its intention to establish a new European subsidiary in the Netherlands.
Hugo Wynn-Williams, CEO of Thomas Miller P&I said: “Although the precise future trading relationship between the UK and the EU remains uncertain, we are putting arrangements in place that will allow the UK Club to continue to provide cover for our Members regardless where their ships are registered. The Club remains committed to doing business within Europe.
The Netherlands is, in our view the optimal jurisdiction for the Club’s European Union subsidiary due to its convenient location with excellent transport links, its proximity to major markets, stable business environment, use of English for business, and a regulatory system which provides the best fit for our operational model.
The new subsidiary will also be in a position to front for other Thomas Miller managed clubs affected by Brexit. As a result, this will enable costs to be shared, providing the most efficient solution to continuing operations in Europe.
The process of establishing a subsidiary is already underway, and expected to be completed during 2018.
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG