Brexit: UK P&I Club to set up a subsidiary in the Netherlands
- Date: 24/11/2017
The UK P&I Club, a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community, has announced its intention to establish a new European subsidiary in the Netherlands.
Hugo Wynn-Williams, CEO of Thomas Miller P&I said: “Although the precise future trading relationship between the UK and the EU remains uncertain, we are putting arrangements in place that will allow the UK Club to continue to provide cover for our Members regardless where their ships are registered. The Club remains committed to doing business within Europe.
The Netherlands is, in our view the optimal jurisdiction for the Club’s European Union subsidiary due to its convenient location with excellent transport links, its proximity to major markets, stable business environment, use of English for business, and a regulatory system which provides the best fit for our operational model.
The new subsidiary will also be in a position to front for other Thomas Miller managed clubs affected by Brexit. As a result, this will enable costs to be shared, providing the most efficient solution to continuing operations in Europe.
The process of establishing a subsidiary is already underway, and expected to be completed during 2018.
- Club 18-30s we want to find and develop the next great thinkers and put safety first. Enter our competition and b… https://t.co/Igp9STzexF
- Following a recent significant change to the Singapore Companies Act, it is no longer necessary to register a shipo… https://t.co/Tmh0nHrwK1
- Simply enter our Investing In A Safer Tomorrow competition and share your brainwaves. Theres a $50,000 prize po… https://t.co/NK844LhD03
- Did you read our latest press release about the owner who claimed against a manager for failure to update their bal… https://t.co/h6P3xH8uq9
- Looking forward to the Offsite Construction Show at ExCel next week and great chance to see the offsite industry un… https://t.co/zVvs7kKvPP