BLP launches sustainability tool
- Date: 16/06/2010
- Source: BLP website
Butterfly, the new software package, will simplify and improve decision making at the design stage by incorporating for the first time in one tool the life cycle, fabric, embodied and operational energy and carbon metrics as well as a Code for Sustainable Homes calculator. It will be available on-line and will include default building models and a library of optional building elements, assemblies, energy and carbon data that users can select to model specific buildings.
Simon Main, Managing Director of BLP, said Butterfly will represent a leap forward for residential stakeholders and the environment by giving the full picture of whole life cost and value in a carbon context. “This is a significant and radical development for a market place that has for too long been preoccupied with initial capital cost. With this new product we are responding to the need to help the supply chain address the design and construction of low carbon, energy efficient buildings”.
BLP has brought together a project team of academic and industry expert partners to develop the tool including the University of Cambridge’s Centre for Sustainable Development; University College London Energy Institute and Willmott Dixon Housing.
The £1.25m project is part-funded by the Technology Strategy Board. The tool will be fully functional towards the end of 2012.
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e