BLP Insurance launches ‘Freedom to Create’ construction competition
- Date: 22/01/2015
BLP Insurance, the specialist residential and commercial insurer, has launched its ‘Freedom to Create’ construction competition, inviting architects to take part.
The competition gives participants just 60 LEGO bricks with which entrants are challenged to come up with the most creative and innovative building designs possible before the deadline on Thursday 12 February 2015. To take part, entrants must build a structure using the bricks and upload the photo at www.blpcompetition.co.uk.
The competition comes without any building guidelines so entrants can feel free to think outside of the box. This is in line with BLP Insurance’s own construction ethos, which doesn’t constrain developers and architects with a technical manual and predetermined processes, inspiring the initiative to promote free thinking among the competition’s entrants.
Entries will be judged on the basis of the quality and the execution of the design. The panel of judges will comprise Richard Saxon CBE, BLP Non-executive Director, Jeff Maxted, BLP Director of Technical Consultancy and Ben Derbyshire, Managing Partner at HTA Design.
Kim Vernau, CEO, BLP Insurance, said: “BLP Insurance prides itself in looking at innovative construction. We don’t prescribe a technical manual, because we don’t believe telling a builder how to build, or an architect how to design. We work with our clients to manage risk, with bespoke solutions that are designed to get it right first time around.”
There is more than just one chance to win the competition as participants are encouraged to reuse their set of bricks to create and submit as many building designs as possible. Entrants are encouraged to get friends and family involved in the competition by passing their bricks on once they have submitted their own entries.
First prize is a weekend trip away for a family of four in the Legoland® Windsor Resort, including two nights’ accommodation and entry to the theme park.
Some of the entries can be seen on BLP’s Facebook page ‘ChooseBLP’ or on Twitter @ChooseBLP.
Architects wishing to enter can email email@example.com for a pack.
For further information please contact:
Broadgate Mainland, Lianne Robinson, Cara Penkethman and Henry Adams
Telephone: 020 7726 6111
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL