BLP Insurance appoints Head of Sales
- Date: 06/01/2015
BLP Insurance, the specialist residential and commercial insurer, has announced the appointment of Wayne Tonge as Head of Sales to strengthen the existing team.
In his new role Wayne will be responsible for delivering the residential sales targets for 2015 as well as driving the regional strategy for the business. This addition will complement the growth of BLP Insurance’s national sales team which has an increasing presence in Scotland as well as in the North West of England.
Wayne joins BLP Insurance from Keelan Westhall, a division of A J Gallagher, specialising in Property and Commercial, where he was most recently Managing Director. Wayne has more than 21 years of experience in sales, having spent nine years working as an insurance broker selling property products and 12 years prior to this working in the financial services sector distributing insurance services.
Kim Vernau, CEO, BLP Insurance, said: “We are really excited that Wayne will be joining BLP Insurance and adding further strength at a strategic level. As construction increases across the country and more investment is ploughed into the sector, his appointment ensures that we are well positioned to capitalise on the subsequent demand for commercial and residential building defects insurance, both in London and across the regions.”
Wayne Tonge, Head of Sales, BLP Insurance said: “As homebuilders race to build more and more new homes, the demand for a warranty which oversees the quality of the build during construction and protects the homeowner in the event of defects occurring later down the line is only going to increase. I am excited to be joining BLP Insurance at a time when the firm is experiencing a growing demand for its products and services and look forward to working alongside the team to support the firm’s growth.”
As an awareness of latent defects insurance continues to increase, BLP Insurance has secured a number of high profile schemes over recent years including Land Securities’ Trinity Leeds shopping centre, the Nova development and 20 Fenchurch Street (‘Walkie Talkie’) in London.
For further information please contact:
Broadgate Mainland, Lianne Robinson, Cara Penkethman and Henry Adams
Telephone: 020 7726 6111
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e