Alan Grant Appointed Non-Executive Director
- Date: 20/03/2015
Thomas Miller, a leading international provider of insurance, professional and investment services, is pleased to announce today the appointment of Alan Grant as non-executive director, Thomas Miller Holdings Ltd.
Alan, a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute has served on several London market Committees and is Deputy Chairman of DUAL International.
Alan started his career in the London insurance market in 1975 and has extensive experience of non-life insurance and reinsurance underwriting, including 10 years of regulated Board experience. After managing his own Lloyd’s syndicate, he joined Converium, (now SCOR Group) where he oversaw the creation of an FSA-regulated insurance company and a Lloyd’s Corporate Member; Alan was appointed the CEO of both as well as CUO for Specialty Lines.
Hugo Wynn Williams, Chairman of Thomas Miller, says:
“I am delighted that Alan will be joining the Board of Thomas Miller, his considerable insurance industry experience will prove invaluable as we continue to grow Thomas Miller.”
Alan Grant says:
“Thomas Miller has exciting plans for the future and I am looking forward to working with Hugo and his fellow Board members, as the business enters an interesting phase in its development”
For further information, please contact:
Roland Cross / Roddi Vaughan Thomas - Broadgate Mainland
+44 (0) 20 7726 6111
Notes to editors
Thomas Miller Group
For more information on the Board members of Thomas Miller Holdings please go to www.thomasmiller.com/corporate/management.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. Most of the businesses they own or manage are acknowledged leaders in their chosen markets.
Established in 1885 it has it’s origins in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today it manages a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals
Increasingly Thomas Miller has applied its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist privately owned businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Buildings defects insurance and risk management
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL
- BLP’s Jeff Maxted has been invited by the Minister of State for Housing and Planning to join the joint working grou… https://t.co/aks9WeE74Z