28th UK Club Korean Mountain Climb
- Date: 30/04/2014
The 28th UK Club Korean Mountain Climb took place on Saturday 26th May, 2014 along the Jangsu Ridge of the Yeoninsan Mountain, approximately 2 hours south of Seoul. The Mountain stands at 1068 metres and affords spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.
The Club has a significant entry from the leading Korean shipowners and it was nice to see that participation in the annual Mountain Climb increased this year, and that we were also joined by participants from brokers and non-member shipowners. Afterwards, the climbers retreated to a restaurant for a traditional Korean barbecue before a leisurely coach ride back to Seoul.
The Thomas Miller team consisted of Andrew Jones who is the Regional Director for Asia Pacific, Sean Geraghty and DY Kim from the Hong Kong office, James Baker and Gloria Kang from the London office, and Richard Carpenter who continues to attend the Mountain Climb despite his retirement in 2002 in order to maintain the friendships formed during many years of service to the Korean membership. The Thomas Miller team was ably supported by Hyopsung, the Club's representatives in Korea.
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG