28th UK Club Korean Mountain Climb
- Date: 30/04/2014
The 28th UK Club Korean Mountain Climb took place on Saturday 26th May, 2014 along the Jangsu Ridge of the Yeoninsan Mountain, approximately 2 hours south of Seoul. The Mountain stands at 1068 metres and affords spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.
The Club has a significant entry from the leading Korean shipowners and it was nice to see that participation in the annual Mountain Climb increased this year, and that we were also joined by participants from brokers and non-member shipowners. Afterwards, the climbers retreated to a restaurant for a traditional Korean barbecue before a leisurely coach ride back to Seoul.
The Thomas Miller team consisted of Andrew Jones who is the Regional Director for Asia Pacific, Sean Geraghty and DY Kim from the Hong Kong office, James Baker and Gloria Kang from the London office, and Richard Carpenter who continues to attend the Mountain Climb despite his retirement in 2002 in order to maintain the friendships formed during many years of service to the Korean membership. The Thomas Miller team was ably supported by Hyopsung, the Club's representatives in Korea.
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL