UK Club Webinar Catastrophic machinery failures
This webinar provides expert insight and analysis on the three pillars of machinery management - monitoring, maintenance and continuous learning.
Each year, a number of large P&I claims are directly related to machinery operations. Various factors contribute to incidents and accidents, including improper training, quality of hardware,
poor housekeeping, and ineffective communication.
This webinar examines, through use of case studies and interactive participation, the following:
- the role of technical managers
- development of new technology and associated crew training
- the challenges faced by engineers onboard ship
- how mechanical failures have led to large shipping casualties
- the importance of learning lessons
Source Thomas Miller Group
You may also be interested in:
In collaboration with UK P&I Club, TT Club has developed a new StopLoss publication which considers the risk exposures associated with the transport of temperature controlled cargo through the global supply chain and provides guidance as to how to avoid losses.