Hugo Wynn-Williams – Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings Ltd., Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I (Europe) Ltd (the Managers of the UK P&I Club).
Hugo joined Thomas Miller in 1978. A member of the Thomas Miller Holdings Board since incorporation in 1999, Hugo was elected Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings in June 2009 in which capacity he also has oversight of a number of Thomas Miller’s international businesses. He is also Chairman of the Thomas Miller Agency and Insurance Services division; Thomas Miller Claims Management and a number of other subsidiaries of Thomas Miller. As Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings, Hugo leads the TMH Board in the formulation, setting and achievement of the strategic goals and objectives of the TMH Group. As Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I he provides leadership to, and management of, the Board of the Club liaising between the Board and the Managers alongside the CEO, ensuring it operates effectively achieving its strategic objectives.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1978 Elected to the partnership in 1989
- Became Chief Executive of UK P&I Club in 2004 to June 2018
- Elected Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings in 2009
- Became Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I (Europe) in June 2018
- Chairman of the International Group of P&I Clubs from 2016 to 2018
- Professional Qualification: Barrister
- Languages spoken: French
Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director
Bruce joined Thomas Miller after an initial career in financial management within the financial services sector.
Joining as financial controller in 1987, his experience includes time with Thomas Miller managed TT Club and as Chairman of HAPM Management Company.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1987
- Finance Director of Thomas Miller from 1990 - 2000
- Member of the board of Thomas Miller Holdings since 1999
- Managed Thomas Miller's transformation from partnership to employee-owned company in 1999
- Member of the board of most Thomas Miller companies
- Professional Qualification: Chartered Accountant
Chief Executive Officer, TT Club
Charles is TT Club's CEO and responsible to the Club Board for the performance of the Club. He is also a Director of Thomas Miller Holdings.
Charles has been the TT Club CEO since March 2009 and before that was the Deputy CEO and COO. Prior to joining TT Club (May 2007) he was the COO in Thomas Miller's P&I business.
Charles joined Thomas Miller in 1997 initially managing a claims team and then over the next few years undertaking a variety of operational and management roles within Thomas Miller. He started his working life in the Royal Navy and upon leaving the Navy qualified as a Solicitor before moving into claims handling in the mutual insurance world.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1997
- TT Club Deputy CEO & COO from 2007
- TT Club CEO since 2009
- Member of the Board of Thomas Miller Holdings since 2009
- Professional qualification: Solicitor
Chief Financial Officer
Jonathan joined Thomas Miller as Chief Financial Officer of UK P&I Club after holding a broad range of finance roles in the energy and insurance industries.
With effect from 1 February 2009, Jonathan was appointed Chief Finance Officer of Thomas Miller Holdings.
- Joined Thomas Miller in January 2004
- Member of the Board of Thomas Miller Holdings since February 2009
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Accountant, UK Society of Investment Professionals
Chief Executive Officer, Thomas Miller Specialty
Danielle has significant London Market experience spanning Underwriting Management, Operations and Claims. She has lead a broad range of business units during her career as well as undertaking interim assignments on behalf of Executive groups, turning around divisions where performance issues or control weaknesses have been identified.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2019
- Previous roles focussed on new business ventures, business turnaround and Target Operating Model improvement, both as a consultant and in-house.
- MBA from INSEAD, specialising in operations, finance and private equity
- Law degree from Cambridge.
Group HR Director
Fiona joined the Thomas Miller Group HR team in January 2016 having previously supported the Group as an external consultant and she was appointed as Group HR Director in January 2018. Fiona has worked in HR for over 30 years beginning her career and gaining early leadership experience as an Army officer. Fiona further developed her HR generalist portfolio and specialist Reward experience in financial and professional services with PwC and Pinsent Curtis, business services and outsourcing with Pitney Bowes and HR consulting as an independent.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2016
- Appointed Group HR Director Thomas Miller in 2018
- Deputy Chairman of Thomas Miller (IOM) Ltd
- Professional qualifications: Fellow of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (FCIPD)
Chief Information Officer
Greg joined Thomas Miller in October 2011. He has considerable IT based experience garnered from working with a number of software houses and financial institutions. Most recently he was responsible for the Insurance Product business at Xchanging and before that he was CIO at QBE (Europe).
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2011
- Professional qualifications: BSC Biophysics
Managing Director, Professional Services Division
Angela joined Thomas Miller in January 1996 after working as an Associate Manager in a International Group P&I Club.
Angela started her career with Thomas Miller as the office manager in Thomas Miller's Sunderland office. Since 2000 she has worked in a number of roles based in the Thomas Miller London office. Angela is currently Managing Director for the Professional Services Division.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1996
- P&I Area Director for Thomas Miller P&I Ltd and Regional Office Manager
- Thomas Miller Group Director of Learning and Development.
- Joint Chief Operating office of Thomas Miller P&I Ltd.
- Chief Operating Officer, TTMS
- Managing Director Thomas Miller Professional Services
- Professional Qualifications: MBA, LLB
Kieran joined Thomas Miller in March 2002 after spending a number of years working initially in insurance broking and more recently in the Lloyds market in both financial and regulatory positions.
He initially worked for Dex, a marine Hull facility managed by Thomas Miller and was involved in the formation and running of the Thomas Miller Managing Agency at Lloyds.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2002
- Since 2009 Kieran has been the Company Secretary for all the Thomas Miller companies in the UK and also for those businesses managed by Thomas Miller which are domiciled in the UK.
- On 1st June 2014 he was appointed the Company Secretary of Thomas Miller Holdings Ltd
- Professional qualifications: FCCA Accountant / ICSA, Company Secretary
Group Chief Operating Officer
Steve joined Thomas Miller in September 2018. He has previously worked at RSA and QBE where he held a wide variety of senior positions, including International Chief Operating Officer and Programme Director roles in specialty insurance.
His specialist areas of expertise include delivering operational excellence and implementing complex international change programmes.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2018
- Professional qualifications: Qualified Company Secretary, Associate of the ACIS
Chief Executive Officer, UK P&I Club
Andrew joined Thomas Miller as Financial Controller of UK P&I Club from Big 4 accounting firm KPMG, where he had specialised in the insurance sector. He was Chief Financial Officer for the Club from 2014 to 2018. In June 2018, Andrew was appointed Chief Executive Officer for the UK P&I Club.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2007
- Chief Financial Officer UK P&I Club 2014-2018 and appointed Chief Executive Officer UK P&I Club in 2018
- Member of Board of UK Europe Board since 2014
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Chief Executive Officer, TMI
Hugh joined the TMI Group as Chief Executive Officer in January 2016 having held a number of senior leadership positions within the investment management, wealth management and banking sectors, within the UK and internationally. Hugh’s previous roles include: Group Chief Executive of a specialist banking and wealth management group; Group Chief Executive of an investment management business; and Chairman of a Building Society.
- Joined Thomas Miller Investment in 2016
- Economics degree, University of Warwick; Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.