Thomas Miller Holdings is the parent company for the Thomas Miller Group. Its Board sets the strategy and policy for the Thomas Miller Group and many of its members also serve on the Boards of individual Thomas Miller companies.
Hugo Wynn-Williams – Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings Ltd., Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I (Europe) Ltd (the Managers of the UK P&I Club).
Hugo joined Thomas Miller in 1978. A member of the Thomas Miller Holdings Board since incorporation in 1999, Hugo was elected Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings in June 2009 in which capacity he also has oversight of a number of Thomas Miller’s international businesses. He is also Chairman of the Thomas Miller Agency and Insurance Services division; Thomas Miller Claims Management and a number of other subsidiaries of Thomas Miller. As Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings, Hugo leads the TMH Board in the formulation, setting and achievement of the strategic goals and objectives of the TMH Group. As Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I he provides leadership to, and management of, the Board of the Club liaising between the Board and the Managers alongside the CEO, ensuring it operates effectively achieving its strategic objectives.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1978 Elected to the partnership in 1989
- Became Chief Executive of UK P&I Club in 2004 to June 2018
- Elected Chairman of Thomas Miller Holdings in 2009
- Became Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I (Europe) in June 2018
- Chairman of the International Group of P&I Clubs from 2016 to 2018
- Professional Qualification: Barrister
- Languages spoken: French
Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director
Bruce joined Thomas Miller after an initial career in financial management within the financial services sector.
Joining as financial controller in 1987, his experience includes time with Thomas Miller managed TT Club and as Chairman of HAPM Management Company.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1987
- Finance Director of Thomas Miller from 1990 - 2000
- Member of the board of Thomas Miller Holdings since 1999
- Managed Thomas Miller's transformation from partnership to employee-owned company in 1999
- Member of the board of most Thomas Miller companies
- Professional Qualification: Chartered Accountant
Chief Financial Officer
Jonathan joined Thomas Miller as Chief Financial Officer of UK P&I Club after holding a broad range of finance roles in the energy and insurance industries.
With effect from 1 February 2009, Jonathan was appointed Chief Finance Officer of Thomas Miller Holdings.
- Joined Thomas Miller in January 2004
- Member of the Board of Thomas Miller Holdings since February 2009
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Accountant, UK Society of Investment Professionals
Chief Executive Officer, TT Club
Charles is TT Club's CEO and responsible to the Club Board for the performance of the Club. He is also a Director of Thomas Miller Holdings.
Charles has been the TT Club CEO since March 2009 and before that was the Deputy CEO and COO. Prior to joining TT Club (May 2007) he was the COO in Thomas Miller's P&I business.
Charles joined Thomas Miller in 1997 initially managing a claims team and then over the next few years undertaking a variety of operational and management roles within Thomas Miller. He started his working life in the Royal Navy and upon leaving the Navy qualified as a Solicitor before moving into claims handling in the mutual insurance world.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1997
- TT Club Deputy CEO & COO from 2007
- TT Club CEO since 2009
- Member of the Board of Thomas Miller Holdings since 2009
- Professional qualification: Solicitor
Alan is an experienced former Active Underwriter and CEO and, with 40 years in the (re)insurance industry, is now Non-Executive Chairman of and a Consultant to several Insurance entities. His current role as a non-executive Director of a major international MGA group compliments his new position within Thomas Miller.
He is also Chairman of the Insurance Orchestral Society and a volunteer mentor with the Lloyd’s Charitable Trust.
After initially graduating as a Solicitor, Bob focused on Corporate, Capital Markets and Financial Services Law.
From 1996 - 2011 he occupied various senior roles in RBS Hoare Govett Ltd where he was responsible for originating and leading over 50 IPOs, reconstructions, takeovers and amalgamations.
His current role as a non-executive Director of an international Insurance organisation compliments his new position within Thomas Miller
Prior to embarking on a non-executive career Paul was a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs Asset Management responsible for the EMEA multi asset management team. Before that he was for many years an investment consultant advising a wide range of institutional asset owners. He was head of the European investment consulting business of Towers Watson for 5 years. Some considerable time ago he was CVEO of the British Coal Pension schemes.
- Chair, Railpen investments
- Chair, Santander UK Pension Scheme
- Trustee, Mineworkers’ Pension Scheme
- Chair, Investment Committee, Aviva Life Holdings and member of audit and conduct committees
- Joined Gaslog in February 2012 and took over as CEO in January 2013.
- Over 30 years’ experience in the shipping industry including LNG, dry cargo, tankers, chemical tankers and offshore wind farm support vessels
- Worked for Teekay Corporation from 2000 to 2008, where from November 2003 to March 2008 he served as president of Teekay Tanker Services, with responsibility for the company’s fleet of crude and product tankers.
- Prior to joining Teekay Corporation, served as Chief Executive Officer of Seachem Tankers Ltd.
- Deputy Chairman of UK, P&I Club
- Served as senior independent director of Clarksons PLC from 2008 until February 2012.
- Graduate of Exeter University (B.Ed., 1980-84) and has an MBA from Cranfield School of Management (1993-1994)