Grahaeme Henderson OBE
Dr Grahaeme Henderson OBE has a 40-year career in Shell that includes working 24 years overseas on international assignments in Brunei (twice), Nigeria, Syria and The Netherlands.
Thought leader and spokesperson in the shipping industry with keynote addresses at many major International Conferences.
Appointed by the UK Government to the Expert Panel for Maritime 2050.
Working with shipping leaders, developed and is Chairman of ‘Together in Safety’, a unique collaborative group to improve the safety performance of the global shipping industry involving all of the shipping industry bodies, major ship owners, Classification Societies, the UK P&I Club and Country Representatives.
- Director of the UK P&I Club
- From 2011 to 2021, Senior Vice-President responsible for Shell’s international shipping and maritime activities
- From 2005 to 2011, CEO of Brunei Shell Petroleum.
- Managing Director of Brunei Shell Tankers
- Board Director for Brunei LNG and Brunei Shell Marketing.
- Board Member of Brunei Economic Development Board
- From 2001 to 2005, Upstream Chief Information Officer located in The Netherlands
- From 1999 to 2001, Upstream Global Procurement Manager located in The Netherlands
- From 1996 to 1999, Engineering Manager of Al Furat Petroleum
- From 1993 to 1996, Chief Engineer Shell Petroleum Development Nigeria
- From 1989 to 1991, Brunei Shell Petroleum firstly Head of Onshore then Manager of Health, Safety and Environment.
- From 1987 to 1989, Upstream Liaison for the Far East and Australasia
- Prior to 1987, located in the UK in a variety of roles
Grahaeme has a First Class Honours BSc Degree and a PhD in mathematics of sea waves, an Honorary DSc and is a Professional Chartered Engineer.
In 2020, he was awarded the OBE by Her Majesty The Queen for Services to International Shipping.
Winner of multiple Global Awards and in 2018, received the Safety at Sea Lifetime Achievement Award for his industry leading work on safety.