HAMIA – outstanding cover for housing associations
HAMIA provides professional indemnity insurance for the in-house design and technical practices of housing associations.
Protecting housing associations
Thomas Miller manages HAMIA – the Housing Associations Mutual Insurance Association – the leading provider of professional indemnity insurance to the in-house design and technical departments of housing associations. HAMIA also insures independent practices that were formerly in-house where they continue predominantly to provide services in the social housing and care sectors.
A broad scope of cover
The broad scope of HAMIA’s cover protects against claims of professional negligence against architects, surveyors, clerks of works, site inspectors, employer’s agents, development agents and other building and maintenance professionals. Cover is constantly developing as the regulatory and customer demands of the housing association sector continue to change.
- Comprehensive cover specifically tailored to meet members’ requirements, including first party cover for losses suffered by housing associations as a result of the negligence of their employees
- A choice of indemnity cover from £250,000 to £2,000,000 plus defence costs
- Competitive quality cover subsidised by investment income from HAMIA’s reserves
- Claims advice and support from a knowledgeable and experienced in-house legal team
- Supervision by a Board of Directors with a life-long association with the industry, ensuring members’ interests are always central to the running of the organisation