Underwriter - TT Club
- Date: 02/01/2018
Reports to: Senior Underwriter
Location: London with travel
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. TT Club is the leading provider of insurance and related risk management services to the international transport and logistics industry.
TT Club offer insurance for the risks that companies face when transporting goods from A to B. ‘TT’ stands for ‘through transport’ referring to the door-to-door nature of such risks and the ‘Club’ reflects the mutual status of being owned by its Members rather than shareholders.
TT Club specialises in the insurance of liabilities and equipment for multi-modal operators. Customers range from some of the world’s largest shipping lines, busiest ports, biggest freight forwarders and cargo handling terminals, to companies operating a handful of vehicles.
We are looking for a team minded Underwriter to join the TT Club who has the drive and passion to make a difference and add value to our business.
Overall Objective of the Role:
To provide full technical underwriting in respect of retention of business and the generation of new business.
- Direct dealings with Brokers and some Members on day-to-day underwriting issues
- Develop new business enquiries and retain existing Members, in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Formulation of insurance terms and conditions, ensuring an in-depth knowledge of underwriting guidelines/instructions and adhering to them in every respect
- Ensure good preparation for all renewals, particularly those deemed vulnerable
- Respond to general enquiries received ensuring swift turnaround of all underwriting enquiries and new business enquiries, giving priority to key accounts and key targets
- Maintain frequent dialogue with claims executives regarding claims developments and trends on the portfolio
- Take responsibility for every aspect of the underwriting process including contract review and survey analysis/follow-up, administration, system data capture and service delivery
- Responsible for premium collection and co-ordination with credit control
- Support development of junior team members
- Ensure documentation is accurate and issued within Contract Certainty guidelines in every case, and that all debit notes are issued correctly and promptly
- Ensure that Facultative Reinsurance is purchased where necessary and that cover is thoroughly checked for accuracy
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s cover wordings
- Ensure all underwriting systems are used properly and consistently
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- Insurance qualified individual with 5 years minimum Underwriting experience
- ACII an advantage
- Experience of marine liability insurance essential, marine/non-marine property an advantage
- Fluent English – spoken and written
- European Language skills would be beneficial, but are not vital to this role
- Strong team working skills
- Will be required to travel
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org