Technical Team Administrator - BLP Insurance
- Date: 31/07/2017
Reports to: Technical Manager
Working arrangements: 9:30am to 5:30pm, office based (London), with potential for some accompanies travel to London sites or meetings.
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance and other related products and services since 1999.
Overall Objective of Role:
Our Technical Team oversees and risk manages the Major Projects (large residential or high value commercial projects) on behalf of the Underwriters and Insurer. The Technical Administrator will work closely with the team providing administrative support on a daily basis to internal and external customers / stakeholders.
We are looking for a bright, resilient person with experience of working in a demanding customer focused administration role who is committed to delivering a first class administrative service for BLP.
- To provide full and all-encompassing administration service to BLP Technical Team
- To develop internal and external customer relationships and confidence through delivering great service
- Management of the Major Projects team mail inbox
- Downloading, categorising and filing of electronic information received from technical consultants, clients and brokers for pre quote and live Major Projects
- Issuing of approved reports to clients, brokers and Insurers
- Management of a tracker of all live Major Projects
- Maintaining a record of pre quote requests, requiring technical input and the current stages
- Recording where Major Project documents are subject to non-disclosure agreements
- Attend fortnightly internal meetings with the Technical Management Team and record any actions
- Population of standard technical service contracts for approval
- Liaise with consultants and internal teams regarding upcoming completions
- Ad hoc tasks as requested
Projects and Other Tasks:
- To assist the whole team in delivering the company’s aims and objectives
- To actively contribute to the continuous development of the technical inspection service
- To participate in the testing of changes to IT systems and process
- To assist in the production of KPI statistics
- To carry out other administrative tasks as required by the Technical Manager or Director
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or equivalent standard
- At least one year’s previous administration and client / customer facing experience - essential
- A general understanding of insurance and construction terminology - desirable
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) - essential (training will be provided on internal / bespoke systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of Data Protection requirements would be helpful
- Able to demonstrate a natural ability for attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience of using customer service skills
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service skills of information being provided
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Fiona.email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.