Senior HR Advisor
- Date: 11/05/2017
Reports to: Senior HR Manager
Direct Reports: None
Overall Objective of Role:
To provide HR support to Thomas Miller Group businesses.
- To provide the first level of HR support for designated Clubs/Businesses and functions.
- Together with other members of the HR team take responsibility for recruitment interviewing and selection up to Senior Manager level and potentially assisting the Senior HR Manager / Group HR Director with more senior recruitment.
- Carry out exit interviews where required.
- To lead on employee relations issues including disciplinary, grievance, absence, performance, flexible working and redundancy with support from the Senior HR Manager as required on more complex issues.
- To support and work with the Senior HR Manager / Group HR Director on Merger and Acquisitions and other related ER issues as required (for example TUPE)
- To provide guidance and advice to employees and line managers on best practice HR and Thomas Miller HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the Senior HR Manager with compensation and reward matters with specific responsibility for undertaking salary benchmarking and for preparing Management Information reports either through the HRIS or in MS Excel.
- Support the salary review process, to include updating the salary review spreadsheet, preparation of salary letters and other tasks as required
- To work with the HR Manager on HRIS matters and act as first point of contact for HRIS reporting
- Responsible for accuracy and updating of Employee Handbooks and Employment Contracts
- To carry out research and prepare papers as requested e.g. on new HR initiatives or for preparation for Board and other meetings.
- To carry out a wide range of project work with, where appropriate, a minimum level of support either individually, with others in the team, or in support of the Senior HR Manager / Group HR Director
- Assist with HR administration as required, and in particular to provide cover for the HR Administrator in their absence
- Any other appropriate tasks as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer-facing HR role with experience in salary review processes
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial experience, not necessarily HR related
- High standard of administration skills
- Microsoft Office – Word, and Outlook – proficient in routine applications
- Excel skills – advanced level
- Strong inter-personal skills, particularly in building relationships with the business and line managers in particular
- Strong team working skills and a willingness to step in and support colleagues as required
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.