Senior Claims Executive - TT Club
- Date: 22/01/2018
Reports to: EMEA Reginal Claims Director
Working Arrangements: Full time, Mon to Fri
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services. TT Club is the leading provider of insurance and related risk management services to the international transport and logistics industry.
TT Club offer insurance for the risks that companies face when transporting goods from A to B. ‘TT’ stands for ‘through transport’ referring to the door-to-door nature of such risks and the ‘Club’ reflects the mutual status of being owned by its Members rather than shareholders.
TT Club specialises in the insurance of liabilities and equipment for multi-modal operators. Customers range from some of the world’s largest shipping lines, busiest ports, biggest freight forwarders and cargo handling terminals, to companies operating a handful of vehicles.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven Senior Claims Executive with ambition to develop their role who can clearly demonstrate their previous achievements both academic and professional.
Overall Objective of Role:
To develop and deliver a professional, efficient and high quality claims and advisory service to TT Club Members and brokers within the EMEA port, terminal, transport operator and logistics sectors.
- Managing, at an advanced level, claims for Club Members, ensuring consistent delivery of a high level of claims handling service and expertise.
- Acting, where necessary, as an Advisor on files handled by junior claims colleagues and the Club’s local Network Partners and correspondents.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Members and brokers, and where necessary, co-ordinate communications between the Club, Members, lawyers, surveyors and other relevant parties. This will include visits to Members and brokers within the EMEA region.
- Develop and manage relationships, both internally and externally and to a high level, to enable attainment of performance targets.
- Assist, where appropriate, with the development of new business and retention targets.
- Significant previous claims handling experience (marine / ports / terminals / transport) either within the industry itself or within the insurance sector or a qualified lawyer, with relevant practice or in-house experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Key account management experience would be highly advantageous.
- Language skills (particularly German, Italian, Spanish or Russian) would be of benefit.
- Able to travel internationally to visit Members, brokers and the suppliers of services.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.