Paraplanner, TM Wealth Management
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. Thomas Miller Investment is a leading investment and wealth manager for private and institutional clients.
Thomas Miller Investment's wealth management service, part of Thomas Miller Investment, utilises sophisticated financial planning tools to demonstrate to our clients how their financial future might look. We then develop a clear and straightforward blueprint to help secure their financial objectives. This includes: cash management, investment management, tax efficient investment strategies, retirement planning, and inheritance tax planning.
The main purpose of the Paraplanner is to effectively support the Private Client Partners and Consultants in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products and services, adhering to the Firm’s processes and compliance framework.
- Draft financial planning reports and letters on specific planning areas, providing recommendations based on our knowledge of the client
- Draft and co-ordinate technical documents and research for client presentation
- Work closely with Partners and Consultants in each location (as appropriate) to ensure individual cases are completed accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with clients’ stated needs, goals and objectives
- Support Partners and Consultants for any required technical client work (investigative)
- Identify any missed sales opportunities on cases undertaken.
- Educated to at least A Level/Higher standard (or equivalent)
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Studying towards Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning; or
- Studying towards Chartered Financial Planner status
Proven experience of providing a first class paraplanning service, ideally in an independent financial planning company
- Full understanding of the administrative procedures relating to the different categories of business and ensure they conform to regulatory & best practice standards
- All practices and disciplines including Investments, Pensions and Financial Planning
- Available products and services in all relevant areas of personal financial planning
- Anti-Money Laundering, including how to identify suspicious transactions/activities and how to report
- Current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data
- Ability to provide recommendations based on key client information, in line with their stated needs, objectives, risk profile and market trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Use of Intelligent Office, Voyant, Exchange, and Financial Express Analytics, together with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.