Marketing Consultant – TT Club
- Date: 05/02/2018
Reports to: Group Marketing Director
Hours: Full-time Mon – Fri 9:30 – 5:30, 6 month fixed term contract
The Thomas Miller Group is an international provider of market leading insurance services. Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including technical and legal services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients.
TT Club is the second largest Club in the Group and the leading provider of insurance and related risk management services to the international transport and logistics industry.
The TT Club offer insurance for the risks that companies face when transporting goods from A to B. ‘TT’ stands for ‘through transport’ referring to the door-to-door nature of such risks and the ‘Club’ reflects the mutual status of being owned by its Members rather than shareholders.
The TT Club specialises in the insurance of liabilities and equipment for multi-modal operators. Customers range from some of the world’s largest shipping lines, busiest ports, biggest freight forwarders and cargo handling terminals, to companies operating a handful of vehicles.
We are looking for a talented commercial marketer who in conjunction with the Group Marketing Director can deliver the established Marketing Plan for the business.
Overall Objective of Role
To support and execute a range of marketing activities which will ensure the delivery of the TT Club’s Marketing Plan
- To implement, in conjunction with regional managers and other key stakeholders, an international marketing approach, that supports business (and is closely aligned with regional sales) objectives
- Manage and coordinate marketing, promotion and communications activities including collateral development, exhibitions, conferences, PR etc
- Maintain the TT Club website and associated social media e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter
- Create marketing presentations, reports etc
- Ensure all marketing activities adhere strictly with the brand/visual identity guidelines
- Conduct desk based market intelligence activities
- Liaise with third party support agencies
- Attend and actively participate in the Group Marketing Forum
- Monitor industry best practices
- Manage events, book venues and order marketing materials
- Responsible for managing emails in the ‘Marketing’ mail box and proactively identifying the responses needed
- Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity.
The individual is likely to have at least two years marketing experience from within investment or professional services based organisations.
Educational background or qualifications
Postgraduate Level CIM qualification or studying towards
Technical skills/Specialist knowledge
- A genuine understanding of the principles of marketing
- First hand experience of executing marketing techniques in a B2B/B2C environment
- Strong planning development and implementation skills
- Understanding of the latest digital marketing and social media techniques
- Confident managing and updating websites, intranet etc
- Knowledge and experience of using content management and web analytics tools
- Comfortable writing copy for a number of mediums
- Market insight knowledge and skills
- Able to manage and give direction to third party agencies
Relevant personal qualities
- Passionate about marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Organisation and planning ability
- Formal presentation skills
- Creative but with an eye for detail
- Confident, driven and results orientated
Specific or general IT Skills
Strong skills across the Microsoft suite Power point, Excel etc and ideally experience with Lotus Notes, CMS, Google analytics, etc.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.