HR and L&D Manager
- Date: 30/11/2017
Reports to: Group HR Director
Direct Reports: Learning and Development Executive
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. Thomas Miller principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutual
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including legal services, captive and claims management
- Investment management for institutional and private clients.
Overall Objectives of Role:
To provide proactive, comprehensive and professional HR and Learning and Development support to Thomas Miller Group businesses and functions to enable them to achieve their business objectives. To provide a framework for employees to enable them to work towards and achieve their potential.
HR Duties & Responsibilities
- To work with the Group HR Director to contribute to the development of HR strategy and policy across the Group, particularly as it relates to succession planning and talent development
- To work alongside the HR Manager in a 'business partner' capacity with specific Group businesses and functions, providing generalist HR support to those business areas as needed
- To lead on HR projects as and when required
- To provide support and guidance to the HR Advisers to ensure they provide a customer focussed, proactive and effective service to the Group businesses and functions.
Leaning and Development Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Group HR Director, develop and implement a learning and development framework to support the Corporate Plan, HR Operational Plan and associated strategies
- Ensure that all learning and development needs are effectively identified, analysed, prioritised and delivered in a cost effective and efficient way
- Responsible for the performance review process for the Group including the Thomas Miller behaviours framework, providing advice and support to the managers as needed
- To work with senior management in Thomas Miller businesses and functions to identify talent and develop appropriate succession plans for mid-level roles
- Develop solutions for the continued learning and development of managers to enhance management and leadership skills throughout the Group
- Responsible for the formulation and delivery of relevant learning and development activities ensuring that agreed budgets are directed to areas and initiatives that support the strategic direction of the Group
- Ensure regular monitoring of learning and development activities across the Group including the provision of regular management information to the Board and individual businesses and functions
- To lead on learning and development projects as the SME as and when required
- To oversee the Corporate Induction programme
- Manage, mentor and develop the Learning and Development Executive to ensure they provide a customer focussed, proactive and effective service to the Group businesses and functions
- Manage the Learning and Development budget.
- A graduate with a minimum 5 years' experience in a customer-facing HR advisory role, with at least 3 years at managerial level
- CIPD qualification desirable
- Significant exposure to Learning and Development activities; training, talent development, succession planning
- Must have had managerial experience in Financial or Professional Services; Insurance sector experience not essential
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills; able to demonstrate specific experience in influencing and building relationships with senior manager
- Strong team working skills and a willingness to step in and support colleagues as required
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including details of your current salary and notice period.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th January 2018.