Finance Assistant, Accounts Payable
- Date: 23/01/2018
Reports to: Team Leader
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday, 9:30 – 5:30
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. Our portfolio includes mutual organisations and, increasingly, specialist privately owned businesses.
We are looking to recruit a numerate, organised and reliable Finance Assistant for our Accounts Payable function.
The finance department in the UK comprises of approximately 45 employees and looks after the accounting and financial processing needs of the insurance companies and clubs managed by the group as well as the internal accounting of the group.
- Taking responsibility for making payments for four of the companies within the Thomas Miller Group.
- Running daily payment reports.
- Importing data into Citibank banking system.
- Producing weekly international payment runs.
- Distributing payments for Directors approval.
- Processing urgent special payments and manual payments.
- Ensuring invoices are paid in good time through the electronic invoice system.
- Setting up new suppliers for the company using Vision Q&A / Excel.
- Checking and approving bank details in Banking Application Software (B4B).
- Working extensively alongside and liaising with Citibank.
- Answering queries from internal and external customers.
- Sorting mail and posting credit notes.
- Covering the expenses system when needed.
- Reconciling travel agent statements.
- Being involved in the implementation of the RBS System to club payments.
- At least 2 years pure payment processing experience ideally from a banking background.
- Excellent working knowledge of banking payment systems including knowledge of sort codes, swift codes and IBAN’s.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Basic knowledge of Excel/Q&A.
- Good communication skills with a polite and friendly outlook.
- Able to work well under pressure and achieve targets set.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com including details of your current salary and notice period.