- Date: 11/08/2017
Reports to: Credit Control Director
Working Arrangements: Fixed Term Contract – 8 months. Monday to Friday, 9:30 – 5:30
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
The Credit Control Team in Finance is looking to recruit an organised, team orientated person to work within a very busy team with specific responsibility for the collection of outstanding premium and claims deductibles for both the UKP&I and UK Defence Clubs.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the insurance market and will take responsibility for day to day tasks in order to achieve the credit control collection targets set by the Management Teams.
- Chasing debts by telephone and email and recording progress. (These debts may be due from brokers or directly insured customers).
- Attend quarterly meetings with key London brokers.
- Complete complex cash reconciliations.
- Dealing with both Internal/External queries in a timely manner.
- Make regular payments of brokerage, continuity credits, or any credit refunds required.
- Discussing differences with either the Underwriters or Claims Executives.
- Learn the technical aspects of the existing IT systems required in the role.
- 2 years credit control experience in the Insurance market desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Numerate and able to understand complicated debtor balances.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good communication skills, polite and friendly.
- Proactive with ideas and initiative.
- Able to work independently.
- Supports colleagues and is a team player.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including details of your current salary and notice period.