Business Analyst, IT
Reports to: Senior Business Analyst.
Direct Reports: N/A
Working Arrangements: 5 Days / week based in the London Office, 90 Fenchurch Street
Overall Objective of Role:
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join a market leading insurance provider based in the City of London, and to play a key role in the delivery of IT strategy to implement a common off the shelf insurance system package across the Thomas Miller group of businesses. The role will work as part of the Business Analysis Team and in conjunction with the external consultants and the business users.
This will be a challenging and diverse role in a constantly evolving environment, and the successful candidate can expect to be the key link between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure solutions are feasible and developed in line with expectations, and will also be expected to challenge the norm, innovate and assert new ideas. It is a highly visible role, with a direct impact on the success of the company as a whole.
- Elicit and document business process requirements;
- Evaluate solutions to ensure they are efficient, cost effective and practical;
- Lead workshops through proof of concept / pilot
- Influence outcomes aligned to the strategic goals
- Analyse requirements prior to their configuration in a third party system
- Document proposed solutions;
- Ensure standard methodologies are applied;
- Collaborate with the technical team and experts;
- Collaborate with quality assurance;
- Act as an interface between the business community and development teams.
We are looking for someone with the right blend of business and technical knowledge, communication skills and creativity in order to thrive in this position.
- Around 2 years’ experience as a BA in the London Insurance Market.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing solutions using software packages and appreciation of the impact of ‘out of the box’ vs customised solutions.
- Strong communication and analysis skills, and an ability to work with users at all levels of seniority and technical ability.
- Own the requirements capture process. Will need to be seen as a reliable and trusted advocate and manage expectations.
- Experience of requirements definition and successfully leading workshops to achieve pragmatic outcomes.
- Experience in capturing processes for embedding in workflow
- Good understanding of uses of technology within the Financial sector
- A working knowledge of BA methodologies such as BPMN (Business Process Modelling and Notation) is desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with ITIL would be desirable but not essential.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.