- Date: 27/11/2017
Reports to: Actuarial Manager
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. The Actuarial team provides actuarial (or analytical) services to Thomas Miller’s clients.
Overall Objective of Role:
The team operates a flexible structure where members will work in various roles on multiple projects. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working as part of the actuarial team across all the team’s main areas of work, contributing ideas and challenging others’ work and opinions as appropriate.
- Capital Modelling
- Risk Management
- Data analysis and Management Information
- Contribute to developing the team’s systems and processes.
- Part-qualified to recently qualified actuary.
- Strong technical ability in one or more actuarial functions (e.g. pricing, capital modelling, etc.).
- Strong analytical ability, preferably with good programming skills.
- Experience of developing good working relationships across all levels of seniority.
- Ability to work on multiple projects consecutively, managing time and resources appropriately.
- Ability to take on various roles within a project team, including leadership.
- To be comfortable with peer review (giving and receiving) and to challenge other’s work and opinions appropriately.
- Ability to present findings clearly to the team and management. To be able to demonstrate good communication skills both written and orally.
- Ability to document work appropriately.
- Able to consider the wider business context and how the work and team fits into this, while having a keen eye for detail.
- Naturally interested in developments in research, technology, the actuarial profession and/or insurance regulation.
- Willing to seek guidance when needed but able to deal with ambiguity, using initiative and judgement to come up with appropriate solutions quickly.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.