- Date: 11/08/2017
Reports to: Actuarial Manager
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 17:30
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. The Actuarial team provides actuarial (or analytical) services to Thomas Miller’s clients.
Overall Objective of Role:
The Thomas Miller Actuarial team is looking to expand in order to meet demand for their services. This person may or may not want to pursue actuarial qualifications. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working as part of the actuarial team across all the team’s main areas of work, contributing ideas and challenging others’ work and opinions.
- Capital Modelling
- Risk Management
- Data analysis and Management Information
- Contribute ideas to developing the team’s systems and processes.
- Strong analytical background at degree/post-graduate level (e.g. Maths, statistics, physics, computer science, etc.).
- Experience of developing good working relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple projects consecutively, managing time and resources appropriately.
- Ability to present findings clearly to the team and management. To be able to demonstrate good communication skills both written and orally.
- Strong programming skills.
- Ability to document work appropriately.
- Naturally interested in developments in research, technology, the actuarial profession and/or insurance regulation.
- To be comfortable with peer review and to challenge other’s work and opinions.
- Willing to seek guidance when needed but able to deal with ambiguity and come up with appropriate solutions.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.