- ITIC: Invoicing error sees shipbroker saddled with bill for bunker supply
- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
New video helps explain BLP's Butterfly low carbon design & decision tool
- Date: 06/06/2012
In response to the government’s agenda for sustainable design – in particular the TSB call for design and decision tools for low carbon construction – BLP has created project ‘Butterfly’. BLP is collaborating with Willmott Dixon, UCL Energy Institute and University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development to create this IT aid to calculate life cycle cost and the environmental impact of the design and components for both new build and refurbished residential buildings.
Butterfly will help to simplify the approach to two of the key issues facing our industry, reducing carbon and energy use and the drive towards Building Information Modelling, both of which are key Government targets.
View the Butterfly video here