UK P&I Club - setting the standard
One of the world’s leading mutual insurers of third party liabilities for ocean-going merchant ships.
Visit the UK P&I website at www.ukpandi.com
Setting the standard
Thomas Miller manages the UK P&I Club – one of the oldest P&I clubs in the world. It provides protection and indemnity insurance in respect of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning ships or operating ships as principals. Insuring over 225 million tons of merchant ships from 50 countries and supporting claims in 350 ports worldwide, the UK P&I Club sets the standard for insurance and claims handling for shipowners and charterers worldwide.
Protecting shipowners and charterers worldwide
UK P&I Club cover includes third party liability insurance to cover potential claims for damage or compensation in respect of personal injury to (crew members, stevedores, passengers and others), cargo liabilities, loss of personal effects and property (other than cargo), diversion expenses, collision liabilities, wreck liabilities, fines and legal costs.
- Protection & indemnity insurance for all types of ocean-going ships in all sectors and markets
- 24/7 worldwide claims support
- Helping clients to manage operational and compliance risk and protect themselves from financial and reputational harm
- Providing expert independent advice and guidance for shipowners, masters and managers
- Representing the industry in the development of regulation, standards and services
Our overriding mission is to provide a first class service to our Members.