- UK P&I Club and Lloyd's Register launch new ISM & ISPS checklist app
- UK P&I Club announces a positive 2014 renewal
- TT Club interview with Insurance Day
- BLP Insurance is preferred insurer for Land Securities
- Thomas Miller Investment: Harry Morgan has been elected to the AIC Board
- TT Club: Turkey - The new production powerhouse
- TT Club Applauds Success in Logistics Innovation
- BLP: Kim Vernau comments on the outlook for 2014
- Thomas Miller Investment Shortlisted for Best Discretionary Fund Manager Award
- BLP: New housebuilding must be more considered - analyst - Mortgage Solutions
UK P&I Club
The UK P&I Club is one of the oldest P&I Clubs in the world. It provides Protection and Indemnity insurance in respect of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning ships or operating ships as principals.
One of the largest mutual marine protection and indemnity organisations, it insures 120 million owned tons and 80 million chartered tons from more than fifty countries across the globe.
The UK P&I Club gives you security with its A with positive outlook Standard & Poors rating and accessibility with a claims service on hand in 350 ports. Its on-the-spot help and local knowledge is unmatched. As is its ongoing response to the changing environment and your changing needs. Its continuing experience, size, coverage and service mean unparalleled specialist skills and expertise developed to a level of sophistication seldom seen in our field. All this is available to you as a Member and to the masters and managers of your ships.
What is P&I Insurance?
P&I stands for Protection & Indemnity. P&I is the insurance of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning ships or operating ships as principals.
This will typically include your exposure to claims for damage or compensation in respect of personal injury to (crew members, stevedores, passengers and others), cargo liabilities, loss of personal effects and property (other than cargo), diversion expenses, collision liabilities, wreck liabilities, fines and legal costs.
This is not hull insurance, war risk insurance, loss of profit/freight insurance, detention insurance, strike insurance or uninsured legal expenses (Defence) cover.
Why choose the UK P&I Club?
Given our long history in P&I insurance and the size of our market share, the UK P&I Club has many advantages, some of which are:
- A financially secure insurer for you & your broker
- P&I and other related insurance covers for all types of ocean going ships in all sectors and markets
- Solving your claims problems promptly and effectively - anywhere, anytime
- Helping you manage operational and compliance risk and prevent against financial and reputational harm to your business
- Using our leading position to champion your interests
For the general benefits of a mutual see What is a Mutual or "Club"?
For more Info
To obtain a definitive idea of the many benefits of membership in the UK P&I Club and discover the outstanding service and knowledge we can bring to bear in being of service to you, please visit the UK P&I Club website.