- ITIC: Invoicing error sees shipbroker saddled with bill for bunker supply
- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
UK P&I Club
The UK P&I Club is one of the oldest P&I Clubs in the world. It is also one of the largest mutual marine protection and indemnity organisations.
We insure well over 150 million tonnes of owned and chartered ships - nearly one fifth of the world total. The Club is financially strong, its current S&P rating being "A-" with a ‘positive’ outlook. The ships that the UK P&I Club insures come from more than fifty countries.
The size of the UK Club and the corresponding scale of our Managers' operation has permitted the development of specialist skills and expertise to a level of sophistication seldom seen in the P&I field.
What is P&I Insurance?
P&I stands for Protection & Indemnity. P&I is the insurance of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning ships or operating ships as principals.
This will typically include your exposure to claims for damage or compensation in respect of personal injury to (crew members, stevedores, passengers and others), cargo liabilities, loss of personal effects and property (other than cargo), diversion expenses, collision liabilities, wreck liabilities, fines and legal costs.
This is not hull insurance, war risk insurance, loss of profit/freight insurance, detention insurance, strike insurance or uninsured legal expenses (Defence) cover.
Why choose the UK P&I Club?
Given our long history in P&I insurance and the size of our market share, the UK P&I Club has many advantages, some of which are:
- A financially secure insurer for you & your broker
- P&I and other related insurance covers for all types of ocean going ships in all sectors and markets
- Solving your claims problems promptly and effectively - anywhere, anytime
- Helping you manage operational and compliance risk and prevent against financial and reputational harm to your business
- Using our leading position to champion your interests
For the general benefits of a mutual see What is a Mutual or "Club"?
For more Info
To obtain a definitive idea of the many benefits of membership in the UK P&I Club and discover the outstanding service and knowledge we can bring to bear in being of service to you, please visit the UK P&I Club website.