- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
- ITIC: Read the Spring 2013 edition of ITIC's Claims Review
UK Defence Club
The UK Defence Club is the largest Defence Club in the World with over 3,500 owned and time chartered ships entered.
The Club's membership is drawn from a broad cross section of countries including Europe, the Americas, the Far East and China. The membership is made up of both owner and ship operator entries representing the vast majority of ocean going ship types. This breadth and diversity of membership means that the Club is well placed to assist the challenges which you may face on a day to day basis.
We also have offices in key centres including London, Athens, New Jersey, Singapore and Hong Kong. This therefore provides you with the opportunity of discussing claims matters within your own time zone. This is essential in this ever changing global market.
What is Defence cover?
It provides cover for legal costs incurred by ship owners and charterers in disputes which are uninsured. The types of dispute most commonly covered by us include:
- Hire and re-delivery disputes
- Newbuilding disputes with shipyards
- Sale and purchase disputes
- Bunker contamination claims
- Disputes over the safety of ports or berths
- Slot charter disputes
- Oil major and other ship vetting disputes
- Disputes with agents and brokers or indeed other underwriters
The above list is a sample of the types of issue we cover our clietns against. For a detailed proposal or to find our more about us, please contact the team or visit the UK Defence Club website.
Why choose the UK Defence Club?
Do you want a cover that is simply an additional part of your P&I insurance or do you want to be part of an organisation that is independent and seeks to influence for the benefit of its Members and the wider maritime community?
The UK Defence Club is:
- Influential - it is the leading and most influential provider of defence cover to the maritime industry. It has been involved in many of the leading cases affecting the industry over the last 100 years. So you are likley to get the best outcomes to your disputes.
- Innovative - in its control of legal costs and supplier management through the Managers' Value for Money programme. We ensure that we manage your lawyers effectively.
- Independent - it is an independent organisation with its own Board of Directors and finances and is focused solely on the provision of legal expenses insurance to the maritime industry. Many P&I Clubs only offer FD&D cover as part of a Member’s P&I insurance. This is not the case with the Defence Club. Combining our independence with our financial strength gives you additional security whether bringing or defending claims.
- Intuitive - it is focused on your' needs and requirements.
For the general benefits of a mutual see What is a Mutual or "Club"?
For more Info
To obtain a definitive idea of the many benefits of membership in the UK Defence Club and discover the outstanding service and knowledge we can bring to bear in being of service to you, please visit the UK Defence Club website.