- UK P&I Club and Lloyd's Register launch new ISM & ISPS checklist app
- UK P&I Club announces a positive 2014 renewal
- TT Club interview with Insurance Day
- BLP Insurance is preferred insurer for Land Securities
- Thomas Miller Investment: Harry Morgan has been elected to the AIC Board
- TT Club: Turkey - The new production powerhouse
- TT Club Applauds Success in Logistics Innovation
- BLP: Kim Vernau comments on the outlook for 2014
- Thomas Miller Investment Shortlisted for Best Discretionary Fund Manager Award
- BLP: New housebuilding must be more considered - analyst - Mortgage Solutions
ShipServ is the leading maritime e-marketplace, helping the buyers and sellers of ship supplies to reduce the costs associated with doing business together.
Founded in 1999, ShipServ aims to transform the way the global maritime industry goes about the business of ship supply.
Thomas Miller has been one of ShipServ's leading investors since its foundation.
Last year TradeNet, ShipServ's trading platform, enabled more than US$1 billion of maritime supplies and spare to be traded by 140 shipping companies and 8,000 suppliers.
What services are provided by ShipServ?
ShipServ better enables the sourcing and purchasing of operational supplies through the following services:
- ShipServ Pages, the global supplier directory: you can access nearly 30,000 suppliers (and growing). Pick a product, port or brand and Pages will do the rest.
- ShipServ TradeNet enables you to issue RFQs instantly, manage quotes, orders, logistics, invoices and contracts. Do it all electronically, better maintaining control of spending, reducing costs and doing more with less.
- Mariner’s Annual, the product reference and ordering guide, facilitates the communication of product requirements/specifications from the ship’s crew to suppliers on shore.
- ShipServ Inventory Exchange (SIX). You can selling your excess or after sales inventory that is sitting around in warehouses and that you would love to sell, but have no way to do so.
ShipServ provides these services through an innovative portfolio of software, services and hosted applications designed by shipping people, for shipping people.
Why choose ShipServ?
E-commerce is taking off in the shipping supplies market for very good reasons:
- Faster purchasing processes - cut order cycle times by 30-50%
- More accurate orders - waste less time unwinding errors
- More on-time deliveries - and more productive ships
- Lower risk of off-hire days - caused by supply issues
- New business insight - to benchmark & improve suppliers, processes and KPI’s
- Easier compliance - with best-practice processes and total transparency
For more info
To obtain a definitive idea of the many benefits of ShipServ's services and discover the outstanding knowledge ShipServ can bring to bear in being of service to you, please visit ShipServ's website.
Today hundreds of shipping companies manage many thousands of ships using TradeNet, the e-commerce platform for shipping supplies.