- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
- ITIC: Read the Spring 2013 edition of ITIC's Claims Review
PAMIA is the leading provider of professional indemnity insurance to patent and trade mark attorneys on the British and Irish registers. PAMIA insures attorneys in private practice in the EU, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Hong Kong and Singapore.
PAMIA was formed in 1990 as a bold response to the rapidly escalating cost of professional indemnity insurance. PAMIA now insures some 250 firms, representing over 95% of the attorneys eligible for membership.
What is PAMIA insurance?
PAMIA’s insurance includes cover for the following types of claim;
- Professional negligence
- Inadequate professional service
- Professional misconduct
The minimum limit of cover is £250,000. The maximum is £5,000,000. PAMIA provides a range of options for aggregate and each and every claim cover, and offers insurance for claims brought in the USA and Canada.
Why choose PAMIA?
PAMIA is owned and controlled by patent and trade mark attorneys for the benefit of patent and trade mark attorneys. PAMIA provides the highest quality cover and service at a fair price:
- PAMIA provides an excellent claims handling service. The Managers employ a team of experienced in-house lawyers who have unrivalled expertise in defending claims against patent and trade mark attorneys.
- PAMIA has a claims committee consisting of eight attorneys who provide technical support to the Managers on every notification made to PAMIA.
- PAMIA uses its unique knowledge of the risks faced by patent and trade mark attorneys to provide loss prevention and mitigation advice to members.
- PAMIA provides comprehensive insurance covered specifically designed to meet the requirements of patent and trade mark attorneys. The cover is regularly reviewed and updated to make sure that it keeps pace with the changes in professional practices and the threats faced by practitioners.
- Premiums are set according to a standard rating model which is applied to all members, ensuring fair pricing for all.
- All services are supervised by a Board of Directors who are themselves all patent and trade mark attorneys in private practice, meaning that your insurance cover and services is controlled by people who have your interests at heart.
For the general benefits of a mutual see What is a Mutual or "Club"?
For more info
To obtain a definitive idea of the many benefits of membership of PAMIA and discover the outstanding service and knowledge we can bring to bear in being of service to you, please visit the PAMIA website
PAMIA was established in 1990 and now insures about 3000 firms, representing over 95% of the attorneys eligible for membership.