- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
- ITIC: Read the Spring 2013 edition of ITIC's Claims Review
The Housing Associations Mutual Insurance Association is the leading provider of professional indemnity insurance to the in-house design and technical departments of housing associations. HAMIA also insures independent practices that were formerly in-house where they continue predominantly to provide services in the social housing and care sectors.
What is HAMIA insurance?
HAMIA provides professional indemnity insurance to:
- Clerks of works
- Site inspectors
- Employer’s agents
- Development agents
- Other building and maintenance professionals
The minimum limit of indemnity is £250,000 plus defence costs. The maximum is £2,000,000.
Why choose HAMIA?
HAMIA is a not-for-profit organisation owned by its members and run by its members for the exclusive benefit of its members:
- HAMIA provides comprehensive insurance cover specifically tailored to meet its members’ requirements. This includes first party cover for losses suffered by housing associations as a result of the negligence of their employees.
- HAMIA uses investment income generated by its reserves to subsidise premiums, ensuring that the cover is very competitively priced.
- HAMIA’s Managers employ experienced in-house lawyers to handle claims, ensuring members benefit from high quality professional advice and support when faced with claims.
- HAMIA’s Board consists of Directors who have lifelong associations with the housing association movement and who are committed to ensuring that the cover and service provided by HAMIA meets members’ needs.