- Thomas Miller Investment Appoints Paul Trickett as Non-Executive Director
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- ITIC highlights value of diligent debt collection
- Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Limited Support Wheelchair Athlete Darren Kennish
- TT Club: 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- BLP: Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- ITIC warns on costs of US documentary disclosure
- BLP: Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) is being formally launched on 26 March
- ITIC: Read the Spring 2013 edition of ITIC's Claims Review
BLP provides housing warranty insurance and latent defects insurance for the commercial sector.
Our policies are underwritten by an AA rated global insurer, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
In addition to providing the most compelling alternative to the traditional new home warranty, and the most comprehensive cover in the market, BLP has developed some of the most sophisticated component life cycle and risk management software available for the construction industry.
What is BLP insurance?
- It is insurance backed by a rigorous risk management process that protects the whole construction team as well as the owner, against structural building defects;
- It can also be extended to include mechanical and electrical (M&E) and component failure;
- It is available on new buildings and conversions; commercial, residential and mixed use developments
- It comes into effect on practical completion of the building and can last up to 12 years;
- It dovetails with the traditional property insurance on the building;
- It is assignable on sale / lease of the building.
Why choose BLP?
- BLP can cover all sizes of risk – our competitors have limited cover which can leave your whole development under-insured; our cover is unlimited and unrivalled within the industry.
- We are easy to use – because we are not funded by the builders, we do not ask them for membership fees, bonds or indemnities to help fund future claims; we provide an independent risk management assessment of each building. We insure the building not the builder.
- Cover can be extended to include M&E and component failure – resulting in the most comprehensive cover in the market;
- All the risks of inherent defect on a project can be transferred to a single insurance policy that protects the whole construction team;
- Building LifePlans Ltd has been managing new homes defects risks since 1984 - so we know and understand the market.
- Our products offer an alternative to the traditional new home warranty products. Our products are different, and they make a difference.